Monday, October 5, 2015

Foliage Drive #2: Jeffersonville

Photos on this blog are the property of Elisabeth Finstad.  Please do not steal them.  You may share or Pin or whatever but in order for me to keep doing what I do, I ask that you please purchase either rights to the photo, the digital download, or order a print from here:  http://www.moonshinephotodesign.com/Autumn-in-Vermont-2015/Foliage-Drive-2-Jeffersonville/
Thank you :D

Today after much consideration I decided to go to Jeff Falls, otherwise known as Brewster River, off Route 108 in Jeffersonville.  It was a beautiful day with bright blue sky and wispy cirrus uncinus "Mare's Tails" drifting through.

First I stopped and got the shot that I always miss as my husband zooms by on Route 15 in Cambridge:



When I got to the falls, I parked my car and walked across the covered bridge very carefully, since cars are allowed to drive through.  Out the window I noticed a little waterfall and lined up to photograph what I saw:


Close Up

 As I stepped on to the trail I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice spot of colorful foliage!





A bit farther down the trail

I hopped around on the rocks to get different angles

Reflections of Color


A lot of these awkward bridges on the trail, made it a bit of a fun challenge


Not when its 40F!!!


These giant mushrooms caught my eye!  How could I miss that!



The sky was captivating

Side view of the covered bridge


Next I drove to the Jeffersonville Rail Trail just down the road on Route 15.  Instead of turning right as I normally do, I decided to take the path I'd never been on to the left.  I can't believe I've never been there before!  It goes right down to the river.






Some other shots from the rail trail:









Supralateral arc!!


I found a good place to shoot the Boyden Valley Farm and Winery

I left for home, stopping to get my favorite shot of Route 128 in Fairfax/Westford.

Tomorrow is another day and another chance to see our beautiful state as it blossoms with color!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment